I hope you have had a lovely Easter! I have updated all our lessons on our school website. Look at the red font below to access it.
Click on: 'Children' > scroll down to 'Homelearning Packs' > click the link and enter the password homeworking > Year 4 > 4CL.
Our Maths lessons are now all online on the White Rose website. There is an interactive PowerPoint and worksheet for you to complete daily. Work on paper if you are not able to print. Here is the link: https://whiterosemaths.com/homelearning/year-4/
If you need any help, feel free to e-mail me, my e-mail address is in the folder!
Also, parents, please check your emails so you are able to connect to our Class Dojo page. It is a platform where we can interact, share work, pictures and videos!
I have created a time capsule activity for the whole school. This is something you can do at home with your family.
I am asking for every child in the school to create a diary entry about life for them right now during lock down. Your diary entry will be buried underground in TGJS time capsule which is in the foyer, for people to discover it in a few hundred years! The main idea for this, is for YOU to leave artefacts to teach people our history in years to come.
I have also created lots of tasks for you to create a time capsule box at home too. You can do this with your siblings, family or even by yourself. You may want to bury it in your garden, or keep it safe in your bedroom and look back on it when you're older and have children of your own!
There are lovely activities to complete and it will keep you busy during the afternoons!
Let me know how you get on, send me pictures, videos and messages!
Have a look at our checklist for Literacy.
We aim to do all of this in Year 4 :)
I can use ...
· Finger spaces between words
· Capital letters only for the starts of sentences, names and places - NOT in the middle of words
· Full stops at the end of sentences
· Clear sentences that make sense (re-read it and check!)
· A capital letter for the proper noun “I”
· The conjunctions “and”, “but”, “so”, “because” and “when”
· Correct spellings for all KS1 high frequency and common exception words
I can use ...
· The 4 types of sentences with the correct punctuation:
exclamation marks, question marks and full stops
· Apostrophes for contractions
· Commas for lists
· The conjunctions “for”, “nor”, “or”, “yet”, “if”, “since”,
· Consistent use of present or past tense
· Inverted commas “ ” to show direct speech
· Correct spellings for all KS1 and Year 3 high frequency and common exception words
Monday: Celebration Assembly
Wednesday: Indoor P.E
Thursday: Outdoor PE and Spelling Test
Friday: New spellings handed out
For resources including lyric sheets, sheet music, and backing tracks check out www.singsongalong.com ! Also PLEASE subscribe as that is what makes these vid...
Have fun learning with the New Reggae Beatz Songs Featuring Todd & Ziggy! The song is so catchy it will stay in your head - along with the times tables!
4CL's Brain Gym! To wake our brains up, we copy the patterns and sing along to this catchy routine before returning to our work :)
Click here for more information.