Here you can find out all the exciting things we are learning about! We will also have useful information for parents, relating to the things we are doing and the subjects we are learning.
In numeracy we are learning all about multiplication and division.
Multiplying 3 numbers
3 x 4 x 2
Step 1: we multiply the first two numbers 3 x 4 = 12
Step 2: we multiply the product of step 1 (12) by the third number (2) 12 x 2 = 24
3 x 4 x 2 = 24
11 and 12 times tables
We use our multiplication facts to help us multiply by 11 and 12.
We partition 11 into 10 and 1
We partition 12 into 10 and 2
7 x 11 = 7 x 12 =
7 x 10 = 70 7 x 10 = 70
7 x 1 = 7 7 x 2 = 14
70 + 7 = 77 70 + 14 = 84
In Literacy we are learning all about historical settings! We are exploring different historical settings based on our Quality Reading book, The Egypt Game.
We will be looking at:
Have a look at our checklist for Literacy.
We aim to do all of this in Year 4 :)
I can use ...
· Finger spaces between words
· Capital letters only for the starts of sentences, names and places - NOT in the middle of words
· Full stops at the end of sentences
· Clear sentences that make sense (re-read it and check!)
· A capital letter for the proper noun “I”
· The conjunctions “and”, “but”, “so”, “because” and “when”
· Correct spellings for all KS1 high frequency and common exception words
I can use ...
· The 4 types of sentences with the correct punctuation:
exclamation marks, question marks and full stops
· Apostrophes for contractions
· Commas for lists
· The conjunctions “for”, “nor”, “or”, “yet”, “if”, “since”,
· Consistent use of present or past tense
· Inverted commas “ ” to show direct speech
· Correct spellings for all KS1 and Year 3 high frequency and common exception words
We are currently reading 'The Egypt Game' by Zilpha Keatley Snyder.
This term we are focusing on using our inference, retrieval and word meaning skills.
Why not try practice these skills when reading at home?
Ask someone to ask you questions about your book.
Try and infer the characters feelings.
What does that word meaning? Read sentences before and after to help you figure it out!
Our topic this term is 'Electricity'.
We are learning about electricity. We have been creating circuits using wires, batteries, and bulbs!
We will be exploring which materials are conductors and which are insulators!
This term we are doing boxercise!
We have been working up a sweat doing technical moves and concentrating on our co-ordination. Once we master the moves, we get our hearts pumping working out to music!
Don't forget, PE is on Wednesday and Thursday.
Please make sure you have your PE kit!
This term we are going to be using our new chrome books.
Our topic is Online Safety.
We will be learning about how to stay safe, be kind and be vigilant when we are online.
Please make sure that when we are online, our accounts are private and we are not able to talk to strangers! :)
Monday: Celebration Assembly
Wednesday: Indoor P.E
Thursday: Outdoor PE and Spelling Test
Friday: New spellings handed out
Have fun learning with the New Reggae Beatz Songs Featuring Todd & Ziggy! The song is so catchy it will stay in your head - along with the times tables!
Recognise the melody? The six times table with Todd & Ziggy is so catchy it will stay in your head - along with the times tables!
4CL's Brain Gym! To wake our brains up, we copy the patterns and sing along to this catchy routine before returning to our work :)
Click here for more information.